Friday, October 16, 2009

Having a birthday brings reflection....and GUILT!!

So, I turned 23 a few weeks ago & I got a card from everybody at work & my cousin/best friend (what can I say, we have fun at work) wrote on my birthday card "What a year 22 was for you! You got married, you bought a house, & you got a new "addition" to your family! I can't wait to see what 23 brings for you!" And it made me stop & think "WOW! No wonder I'm so tired all the time!" haha. So basically what I'm saying is...I've got GREAT reasons for slacking on my blog, but now it's time to catch my loved ones away from me up on everything we've been up to.

So, #1 order of business is our new house. We have been SOOO blessed lately & I am SO grateful for everything that the Lord has given us these past few months especially. We haven't even been married a year & just bought a house in August. Crazy huh? We couldn't be more blessed. Kirie & Joe Walz (our best friends) were looking at houses earlier this year because they had heard about the $8,000 tax credit that's available for first time home buyers & so we just thought it'd be fun just to look seeing how our lease would be up in October. Long story short, we found a house within a day or two of looking that was the ONLY thing decent in our REALLY low price range, so we made an offer & now it's ours! We are actually only paying about $100 more in rent with taxes & everything & it's SO much bigger!
It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, with a BIG back & front yard & an attic. It's incredible. Here's just a quick picture. We love it SOOO much! Still LOTS to do, but we love it. Adam gets his own video game room/"Man Cave" & I get an office/Band Practice room. It's a lot of fun! We haven't quite finished getting everything how we like it, but so far it been great to have all of this extra space compared to our little 1 bedroom loft apartment before. We also have an attic & a huge front & back yard. It's great!
We also have 2 full baths, both with separate vanities & I LOVE our kitchen! haha.
We are still waiting for our "Obama money" to come in before we can get living room furniture (haha) but we're just excited about it all. Well, that's all for Part 1! More to come....haha.

3 comments:

Eve said...

Congrats on the house, Lindsay, sounds like a winner! And happy belated birthday :) Miss you much!

Cortney said...

That is a sweet awesome man-cave, yo!
--Sam

Emily said...

Congrats a thousand times on our house! I'm so excited for y'all and its so cute. Glad you love it!