Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New Addition to the Family...

Now, I'm sure you're wondering about a new addition to our family, well, here she is...
I've never been a "dog" person...EVER. I think it all stems from the fact that I never had my own dog, but I always cleaned up puppy poop from Cortney & Josh's dog adventures. Well, Adam is the TOTAL opposite! He's had dogs his whole life. Well, a few months ago, his dog, Susie, that they've had for years & years was really old & was having a lot of problems, so they had to put her down. Now, me being TOTALLY against the idea of even having a dog anytime soon, still felt bad for my sweet husband. So, this past Saturday, we hung out with Kirie & Joe again & they had just gotten a new puppy. It was half Yorkie & half Shitzu. So, I just LOVED him. They named him "Dorsey" & he was just so adorable, so I had to do it.

The day before my birthday, I knew he would be at school late, so I drove about an hour away & picked her up. She was SOOO sweet. She fell asleep in my lap all the way back home. It was so sweet. She had nuzzled up against me on my bed & when Adam reached over to hug me (I'm sure he was kinda freaked out at first cause he felt something really hairy on my back...haha), he totally freaked out & was SOO excited. This is him the first night with her.
We are completely in love with her. He named her "Isabell" & she has been such a fun addition to our family. My mom calls Isabell her "grand-dog". She is so sweet. She spazzes out & starts jumping like a bunny when Adam comes home cause she wants to play with him & when I get home she just wants to be held. She'll just crawl on to my lap when I'm folding clothes or what not & just fall asleep. She's such a fun girl!

3 comments:

Cortney said...

I LOVE her. I am terribly sorry for the times I have stepped on her by accident. She is a cutie. Good warm up to a baby! ;)

Meggan said...

Look at that cute puppy! We are so excited for the new addition to your family...yes, so we now have internet...I am not holding my breath, but for this moment, I can comment. Love ya'll.

Jess said...

hmmm, you had mw wondering for a minute when i saw the title of this post! but you're new addition is so cute! i want one...maybe one day. your house is very cute too. looks like things are great for you guys! take care