Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Beginning Of Us...

Well, I know it's been a long time since I've updated this thing, but I'm sure you all know why, so here's what we've been up to.

Well, this is Adam... He's in the band at University of Memphis


He plays the clarinet. He has a great enthusiasm for the band.
This just makes me laugh.

Anyways, so he's been in the Singles Branch for a few years & so was I, but we didn't ever talk at all the either one of us remember until back in May. When we all went out after Temple night, I just remember his quick wit & clever comments impressed me right off the bat. The next night he came & heard me sing with some mutual friends at a concert of mine. I wasn't sure at first just cause I had basically given up on guys & was tired of dealing with the drama of it all & a friend of mine liked him, so that also just screamed drama, so I left it alone for a while. But then...what do ya know? That friend actually suddenly moved away. A mutual friend set us up, we went on a double date with them & had a blast just talking & laughing & finding things in common & the conversation was intelligent & just easy. We hardly talked to our other friends at all. After that night, he asked me out again & Then, like they say....the rest was history.

2 comments:

Sommer and Eric said...

So I don't even remember the last time I saw you or talked to you but I keep pretty good tabs on Megan and saw your blog on hers. Congratulations to you! Your story sounds like how I met my husband. Got to to love the singles ward! Keep in touch!

Emily said...

Clarinet? I didn't know that. I, somehow, thought it was the tuba. Don't know where I got that. Sorry!