Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Engagement

For those of you that know me pretty well, among other things you are pretty aware that I am really hard to surprise & keep secrets from. Mostly because most people are terrible liars & I can read them pretty well. So, a week after we had ordered the ring, we were back at home & seeing each other every day still & things were back to normal. Well, except for the fact that it was EXACTLY a week after we had picked out the ring & I KNEW it was already supposed to be in & ready for pick-up. Well, that night we were both really tired & he had to go give someone a blessing so it was a little bit of an off-night. Long story short, it didn't happen that night. So, the next night was temple night & he had told me he didn't care what we did afterwards, so I assumed it wasn't gonna happen that night either. Well, that night when we were walking out of the temple, we were the last ones to leave & he grabbed my hand & lead me around to the back where all the benches are. We read our patriarchal blessings to each other & both cried & had a warm feeling cover us & everything felt very right & good. So, after I got myself under control, he got down on one knee & asked me to be his for time & all eternity. Of course I started crying again & I said "Of course!" It was a beautiful night & the most perfect proposal I could ever have imagined. We shared a piece of our hearts with each other & promised forever from that moment on. It was perfect. I'll never forget that night.

No comments: