Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Creative Juices are FLOWIN'!

I just wanted to show off a little bit of what I've done, cause it's been a LOT of
fun working on it. To give a little explanation though...We have a loft apartment with 1 bedroom & 1 1/2 bath. So, the downstairs are done in our wedding colors (Adam's favorite colors) red & black & white & has been SO much fun to put together. I wanted it to look elegant, yet modern, clean yet still have a comfortable-still-your-home/sanctuary feeling to it. Now, the upstairs, that's my territory! haha. I was talking with my mom when I was registering for our wedding stuff & was telling her that I've ALWAYS loved blues & teals & aquamarine's & that those are completely my favorite colors, but it didn't match & I wanted the rest of the house to look good. Well, my mom being as wise &
 wonderful as she is & knowing me incredibly well, like she does, gave me the perfect advice. 
She said, "Lindsay...Your bedroom is somewhere that you should feel like your self, an escape from the world, your space. You want a blue room? Make it a blue room! ....Just keep the door shut when guests come over." haha. I LOVE my mom! So...that's what I did! 
It worked out even better because instead of it being all one level, the bedroom is upstairs, so it feels like a whole different apartment sometimes. I love it! So, I found the PERFECT color bedspread that was the perfect aquamarine color & bought the shower curtain to match with dark chocolate brown accents. I truly love it. So on to my creative juices...This weekend I finished my letters for our room. I painted wooden block letters to match our colors & hung them over our bed. Then, another little touch was Adam's doing. We have a fireplace, but no mantle & that was just completely unsettling to him (very cute..haha), so last night he found something he wanted to hang on the wall underneath the beautiful mirror Meggan made for us for our wedding that he hung up Saturday (another really funny story in its self) & so I hung it up last night & put up some candle holders for some color. I hung up a few little touches of things people gave up & I have been having so much fun with it. I have found such a great, unexpected love in decorating my house. More 
to come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so very true I love decorating our home. It is really a beautiful place in which we can rest and escape the hardships of the world. I really love decorating, especially not for me, but for my wife and familly that is my real motive.

The Coleman Family said...

Now you can come over to my house and help me redecorate! lol!!! i love getting new things for the house, i live at Gordmons they have the cutest stuff for the house!! we should go sometime!