Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Trying to Make Our House...A Home...

So, I was excited this weekend. We found about an hour or two on Saturday after my practice & before his football game to put a little bit of our house together. These are some of the pictures I edited & got developed & was getting them wall-hanging ready. I also unpacked a few boxes, hung up a picture or two & filled up some bookshelves while Adam put it together our cabinet & end table & hung up a few pictures. It started feeling a little bit more like a home instead of a cold looking apartment. We even got our LONG awaited furniture in that somehow got lost in Vancouver for 2 1/2 weeks & finally got here on Friday. The problem is that we only got 8 of the 11 boxes. The other 3 got stuck in Los Angeles for some odd reason & should be here tomorrow. So, I'm SUPER excited about that. We ordered 2 futons & out of that we got: 2 mattresses, both end tables, our coffee table, the arms/sides to both, the cover that matches our decor & the only thing we were missing were all the connecting pieces to put them all together. haha. Oh well. When Adam told me I just laughed really hard. Such is my life...Ya gotta laugh at it though, right? There's nothing else you can do. haha. To say the least, we are looking forward to being able to get off the floor & sit on something much more comfortable. I'm excited!

I have decided that I love decorating our home. I love the little touches that go into making something totally white & completely empty into something that looks like Adam & I. I love being able to have COMPLETE & TOTAL creative freedom to do whatever I want to do with it & have come up with some fun ideas. They're nothing too crazy or extravagant, but they're a starting place. Can't wait to do more!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the way both rooms fit us perfectly. Believe it or not, I was not really crazy about our bedroom. However, in how it has come together, it has a piece of both of us and has become a favorite room of mine.

Meggan said...

This is awesome! Way to go guys! Decorating is always fun! Especially the first time around...

Emily said...

Getting the bulky pieces but not the connecting parts. Classic! Love that y'all can laugh about it. Good luck on getting everything perfectly the way y'all love it!