Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Newest Addition to Our Family!

Baby Lukas Benjamin Boston was born just shy of being a December baby on Sunday, November 30th at 10:29 p.m. He was 8 lbs 11 oz & is absolutely beautiful! Meggan went in to be induced at 7:30a.m. Sunday morning & after a little over 15 hours of being in the hospital, Baby Lukas finally made his grand entrance into the world.
He couldn't have come at a more perfect (well, besides perhaps coming a few hours earlier..haha). But, everyone was ready for him to come & meet us. No one could have been more happy than his new mommy.
The Before Shots!
haha. She's so cute!

Big sister Kate was practicing too! Man! She looks like a total natural!

Her little world is about to be seriously rocked! haha. Had to bring this 2nd one back cause it makes me laugh.



-------------------------------------------------------------------
Lukas Benjamin Boston is here!!

Kate & Mommy

She's gonna be SUCH a great big sister...just like her Mom. :)

Here's the new family of 4!

Gammaw & Gampaww greeted Baby Luke when they came to bring Kate up to the hospital. They look so happy. They are SUCH pro's now! Aunt Corn & Uncle Yosh came up to meet Baby Luke too. Oh how Kate has trained them well.








They are so happy. What a beautiful family.
Though Adam & I didn't get to go to St. Louis this Thanksgiving or be there when Baby Lukas was born, I just want to say that I miss you (my family) DEEPLY...Forgive me for being so um, nostalgic, for lack of a better word, but all of this is kind of coming to my head as I'm sitting here a little teary-eyed, my first Thanksgiving away from my family.

...How grateful I am for today for beautiful new born babies that were with their Heavenly Father only an instant ago. For sweet nieces whose giggle on the other end of the telephone can make you laugh & cry & smile all at once when you're away from family. For a younger brother who has chosen to stand for what he believes in and set an example for a new baby boy of a young man that honors his priesthood at the young age of 13. For a younger sister who has turned to the Lord & to the scriptures for complete direction in her life & is really coming to understand who she really is. For an older brother that stands at the head of his beautiful young family with strength & love & a tender heart. For a husband that is strong & has a compassionate heart who will lead our family back to the presence of our Heavenly Father as equal partners. For a mom that has taught us who we are & whose children we really are and carefully nurtures & completely feels for each of her children & is not only a mother but has become a most precious friend. For a dad who loves the Lord first & has always put his family before any other desire or obligation in his life, who has taught us to be not only an eternal family but best friends. And especially right now for an older sister who has been my best friend & who I've shared everything with since I was born, who has been the best example that I could have ever had, who I've watched & tried to follow as she made right decisions as she was younger, as she dated like she was supposed to, as she was married in the temple for time & all eternity, as she began a family & taught her sweet daughter "I am a Child of God" & "I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday", & who, I'm certain, will teach this new baby & any more that follow who they are & what their divine nature truly is. I'm grateful, sister, for who you are & what you mean to me.

4 comments:

Jess said...

cute little guy! what a fun addition to the family. i wasn't sure when meggan was due but i guess it was closer than i thought! congrats to all of you!! enjoy that little guys. are you gonna get to see him soon?

Emily said...

Finally a really good pic of Luke where we can really see him. Thank you! I've been waiting and waiting for pics. I'm feeling very deprived way out here.
Lindsay, you are so sweet. Love reading your blog!

Lindsay Blain said...

I understand Emily! haha. I feel the same way! I have yet to see him at all. haha. It's okay..Soon for both of us I'm sure! :)

Audra said...

Very sweet, thanks Lindsay!